Sean Roberds | Mar 13, 2020
Hello Church Family, March 13, 2020
The Deacons and I met last night to talk through the current Coronavirus situation and to make the best decisions for our church. We decided to hold an abbreviated worship service this Sunday at 10:00 a.m. We are cancelling everything else including Choir, Sunday School, our fellowship time before and after worship, Wednesday night bible study and all other meetings and gatherings (such as Fiber Fun). We are doing everything we can to limit contact so we will not offer coffee or food during worship. Please do not bring any food!
Things are changing every day and even every hour, so we will reevaluate every day. We’ll post changes on our website, our Facebook page, on the church office voice mail and through our Constant Contact email.
Here’s important information we want you to know:
- Stay home if you are sick or think you might be sick; have had a fever in the last 48 hours, or have a chronic condition or a compromised immune system.
- The CDC recommends that older people stay home to reduce the risk of exposure; “older people” has been defined as anyone over 60.
- No one should feel obligated to come to church. We will adapt the worship service. For example, if our musicians don’t come, there may be no music and it will be okay.
- We will do extra cleaning of surfaces in the sanctuary. Follow good hygiene practices at home and when you are here. Wash your hands and say the Lord’s Prayer to get the 20 second timing right! Cough/sneeze into your elbow. No touching or shaking/holding hands during the worship service.
We’ll reassess worship week by week. The Deacons will meet regularly to plan how best to care for our congregation during the pandemic. It is important for you to stay connected. Here are ways for you to do that:
- Call the church office, 703 437-3620.
- Contact Pastor Sean on his cell phone, 703 462-4391.
- Connect with us on Facebook Here
- Join our Constant Contact email list Here
- Check our website, www.fbcherndon.org.
We care about you. Please give serious thought to your decision about attending church this Sunday; we will understand if we don’t see you in the building. Keep us informed about your situation and any needs you may have. We can be the presence of Christ even though we are not physically together. Let’s pray for each other, watch out for each other and maintain contacts with each other through cards, email and phone calls.
Please consider mailing your tithe to the church at 681 Elden Street, Herndon 20170, or giving online here: https://abundant.co/fbcherndon/give.
Below are some other important links to follow.
In all of this let us remember that God is with us! This, too, shall pass, and He will see us through.
In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Pastor, First Baptist Church